Foundation & Key Stage 1
“Liturgy celebrates, reveals and communicates the one vast divine blessing which is God’s work of salvation. It is the source and effective sign of the communion between God and human beings in Christ through the Holy Spirit. It is the continuation of the work of the Father in Christ and by the power of the Spirit, in, with and through the Church. The celebration of the gift of salvation takes shape in the seasons and feasts of the Church’s year. Liturgy involves the conscious, active and fruitful participation of everyone.”
Religious Education Curriculum Directory p. 24
1.3 Families & celebrations: AT1 & AT2
Learning ABOUT and learning FROM the Catholic Faith
Key Learning Objectives
In this unit you will have the opportunity to:
- Reflect on what it means to be a member of a family;
- Think about what it means to be a member of the school community;?
- Understand what it means to belong to our Church family;
- know that God is our Father in heaven and thin about why it is important;?
- hear how Jesus’ family took him to the Temple and think about why this was a special occasion;?
- know about some of the celebrations in the Church and why we celebrate these occasions.?